RESTRICTIONS / RULES
The spirit of this training event and the rules which govern it are intended to make the competitor use what they use on the street during every-day patrol operations.
Our rules are meant strictly to enhance your survivability by forcing you to test your training and equipment under stress and realistic circumstances.
- All participants must have completed a basic patrol rifle, tactical rifle, or carbine user’s course to be eligible to compete.
- Military basic training meets this requirement.
- Students must wear at a minimum, their pistol belt with holster & handgun, personal body armor, eye, and hearing protection.
- Even if you don't wear body armor on the street, it is mandatory for this event. Tactical vests are allowed as long as body armor is utilized.
- No competition holsters or magazine pouches. You must use what you use on the street.
- No specially modified “competition” rifles will be allowed.
- The weapon must be what you use on the street in your current assignment.
- Lights are allowed.
- A vertical fore grip is allowed.
- Suppressors are allowed and encouraged.
- You may not switch rifles. You must finish the training with the rifle you start with.
- There will be no sight-in time on the day of the event.
- Bipods are allowed. NEW FOR 2019
- No handed loaded ammunition. (Only factory ammunition is acceptable.)
- There will be absolutely no weapon or ammunition alibis.
- Four (4 lbs.) pounds is the minimum trigger weight that will be allowed.
- Rifles will be checked prior to the start of the training. No exceptions.
- Optics are permissible up to x10 magnification.
- Only one optic, and or, one in-line magnifier maybe mounted on top of the weapon. Backup iron sights are allowed. A backup optic or iron sight may be mounted on the side of a weapon. You must finish the competition with your original optic(s) or iron sights. Optics may not be voluntarily removed from a weapon.
- NPRC reserves the right to disqualify any weapon, equipment, ammunition or shooter for violation of these, and other rules, or for safety violations.
- Failure to follow directions during an evolution of fire may result in disqualification from that evolution and zero points, regardless of the point at which the directions were deviated from.
- If a major safety violation occurs at any time during this event, you will be stopped and ejected from the event.
All shooters will be issued a CHAMBER SAFE blocking device which must be inserted into your rifle chamber at all times during this event, except when you are shooting an evolution of fire.
- All weapons shall be pointed in a safe direction at all times.
- Rifles must be kept pointed at the ground while moving between ranges.
- Load your weapons and make them "hot" only at the direction of the range master.
- Take all commands from the range masters.
- If you are injured at any time during this event, you must let the range master know immediately. Medical personnel will be present and able to help.
- Read the back of the registration form for all rules pertaining to this event.