Our Defensive Handgun training programs are a great way for the armed citizen to take their training and preparedness to the next level. These classes are all 15-hours in length and run in 3-hour increments over 5-weeks.
Clients must attend these courses in order. In other words, you must attend Defensive Handgun I before you can attend Defensive Handgun II. Once a client has attended all three courses, they are welcome to re-attend any of the three courses they wish in the future as a training maintenance method.
In Defensive Handgun I we focus on fundamentals. Defensive Handgun II moves the student into the dynamic level which includes tactics. Finally, Defensive Handgun III is the interactive level where a combination of technology and force on force scenarios provide the student with simulated gun fighting experience against opponents testing their judgement in the use of deadly force and accuracy under stress.
Come join us as its fun, very social and you are sure to improve your safety, proficiency and confidence.
- Meets once a week (Thursdays) for five (5) straight weeks (adjusted for holidays).
- 3-hours each session from 5:30pm to 8:30pm
- Class size is limited to ten (10) students.
- Slots are secured on a first come first served basis.
- Check our training schedule for class dates and to get registered. (NO WALK-INS)
- Students must have a VALID CPL to attend these courses.
- Students receive a certificate of training.
DEFENSIVE HANDGUN I - The Static Level
$349.00 / Does NOT include ammunition.
This course sets a foundation that is rock solid. Its all about mastering the fundamentals. Unfortunately, many shooters overlook how important the basics really are and move to quickly into more advanced training (cool guy stuff) long before their basic skills have been honed. If your shooting ability is not fundamentally sound to begin with, how in the world does one think they could ever hit a threat under immense life and death stress? The answer is they won't, unless they get lucky. A wise old gunfighter once said "you can't miss fast enough" and we could not agree more. You simply cannot afford to miss, EVER! In this class the goal is to hit your intended target with every shot you fire, and that can only be done if your shooting foundation is rock solid.
Students will master a thumbs forward grip, grip pressures, presentation, tension and stance. A review of the use of the sights will be given and major emphasis is placed on mastering a perfect trigger press with every round fired so as not to disturbed the sights before the bullet leaves the gun. Various training evolutions will occur during each session that build upon each other, from pure marksmanship (one and two handed) at various distances, to multiple adversaries, to basic weapon manipulation such as reloads, clearing malfunctions and drawing from the holster.
- EQUIPMENT: Your carry handgun (pistol or revolver), quality holster and belt, at least one method of reloading (extra magazine or speed loader), 750 rounds of handgun ammunition (150 rounds a session), long pants, long sleeve shirt with a high collar, ball cap, eye and ear protection.
DEFENSIVE HANDGUN II - The Dynamic Level
$369.00 / Does NOT include ammunition.
This course builds upon the foundation you set in Defensive Handgun I. Now that you have mastered the fundamentals, its time to build in tactics (cool guy stuff). This will include point shooting, double tapping, scanning, movement, the use of barricades, low light shooting and moving targets, not to mention everything you did in Defensive Handgun I, but with far more complexity and difficulty. Stress inoculation is a major goal in this course. We will use time, scoring rings, competition and mild physical agility to help induce stress forcing the student to control themselves and place shots where they need to go.
- EQUIPMENT: Your carry handgun (pistol or revolver), quality holster and belt, at least one method of reloading (extra magazine or speed loader), 750 rounds of handgun ammunition (150 rounds a session), handheld flashlight or weapon mounted flashlight,long pants, long sleeve shirt with a high collar, ball cap, eye and ear protection.
- PREREQUISITE: Must have attended Defensive Handgun I.
DEFENSIVE HANDGUN III - The Interactive Level
$389.00 / Does NOT include ammunition.
This course combines the skills that you have learned in Defensive Handgun I (static level - basics) and Defensive Handgun II (dynamic level - tactics), into the world of reality (the interactive level).
Students will be subjected to numerous shoot/don’t shoot scenario-based situations using marking cartridges and role players during force on force encounters. In addition, students will use our live-fire training simulator that projects scenarios down range while using their own gun, ammo, accuracy and judgement. These two proven teaching methods provide invaluable experience and insight that cannot be learned through static range exercises or academics alone.
- Reading cues that often precede violence and then reacting accordingly to avoid or fight
- Use of verbalization when it’s appropriate
- The moving human adversary
- Applying the law as it relates to the use, non-use or cessation of deadly force in compressed time frames while under immense levels of stress
- Post shooting reactions and responsibilities
Scenarios will take place in day light and low light conditions with single and multiple adversaries. They include but are not limited to; party store / gas station robbery, carjacking, B&E of the home, and active shooter situations.
- EQUIPMENT: Your carry handgun (pistol or revolver), quality holster and belt, at least one method of reloading, handheld flashlight or weapon mounted flashlight, 300 rounds of handgun ammunition, long pants, long sleeve shirt with a high collar, cup for men, thin gloves (with fingers), ball cap, eye and ear protection.
- CMI will provide the following equipment: Marking cartridge handguns, marking cartridge munitions and marking cartridge safety gear (If you have paint ball or airsoft safety equipment please bring it).
- WARNING: The marking cartridges may sting, bruise, cut or otherwise hurt you upon impact. In addition, the force on force portions of this course requires a reasonable amount of agility. Therefore, students with foot, ankle, knee, leg, arm, hand or heart conditions should consider this before registering.
- PREREQUISITE: Must have attended Defensive Handgun I & II.